Here comes the sun…it’s alright 

Today is FINALLY the day! The sun is shining and the humidity is super low! I tested the funky chair today and the paint is nice and hard! 

I have decided on the fabric that I will use to re-cover it. It took me forever to settle on this combination.

As soon as I get home today I’ll be more than ready to get this baby wrapped up!

Moving right along…

So I DID end up making it to the store. I was able to find the Rit dyemore. And, I grabbed some small pieces of fabric for .97 cents! 

I picked up a few other odds and ends…Gold craft paint for another project that I have in mind, a couple of spray bottles, and I swung by the clearance and found this: 

I think it will be great for my giant, paper flower, thingy that I shared in my first post.

As soon as I got home (I ate) I got started. I prepared the Rit according to the directions and put it into my spray bottle, ran outside and got to spraying. It did not work. Not even kinda. What ever synthetic material it does work on? It is absolutely not made of the same compound as my old, funky, 70’s chair!

Luckily I had picked up some fabrics. I could still pull this off. 

So we got to painting.

I didn’t really care if the kids got paint on the original fabric. I’m going to re-cover the whole thing anyway. We primed it with flat and then painted with a white high gloss trim paint.

It turned out pretty good. We let it dry over night and I was only able to find one runner this morning on a back leg. I sanded it down and resisted the urge to point it out to my thick paint using kiddos. While I was sanding I went ahead and knocked down any lumpy bumpies and hit the chair with one last coat this morning. 

These things really cannot be done in a day. The chair needs to sit until is is absolutely completely dry and cured. Once that happens it will be time to put a protectant coat over the paint. I will be using a Wipe on polyurethane by Minwax. Which I don’t have on hand…so I guess that means I will have to do a little more shopping 😖